1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Assessing reading.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by no24, Dec 12, 2011.

1. no24

no24 New commenter

Hi
    I am just looking for some advice reagrding the best way to assess reading. Currently at my school we use learning objectives taken from the NC and tick these off when the children have achieved them (they need to achieve the LO at least three times before they have fully met it).
    The LOs are sublevelled and at the end of term teachers use these to see which level the children are at. However, I feel that this is not the best way of accurately assessing so I am looking for ideas/examples that other schools do that works for them
    Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

2. no24

no24 New commenter

Hi
    I am just looking for some advice reagrding the best way to assess reading. Currently at my school we use learning objectives taken from the NC and tick these off when the children have achieved them (they need to achieve the LO at least three times before they have fully met it).
    The LOs are sublevelled and at the end of term teachers use these to see which level the children are at. However, I feel that this is not the best way of accurately assessing so I am looking for ideas/examples that other schools do that works for them
    Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

3. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

Use the APP criteria?

4. These app bookmarks are cheap but useful to us...
    http://primarytools.co.uk/pages/appsupport.html