1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Assessing RE in primary school

Discussion in 'Primary' started by troodles, Jan 15, 2011.

1. I've recently moved schools and have been allocated RE co-ordinator. I'm really concerned about the lack of assessment in RE across our whole school. I'm interested in knowing how other schools are assessing RE? Can anyone help me please?

2. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

We use 'BIG RE'.

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Try cross-posting thison the RE forum, you may get more takers.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Is assessing RE really important? Sorry - but in the scheme of assessment, I wouldn't worry too much about the exact level a child is in RE. Just as long as the curriculum is being covered and there is sufficient coverage of the subject during the pupil's life at primary school.

5. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Lead commenter

How do you assess the subject when your given 30 minutes to teach the subject...unless its included in creative subjcts.....which i doubt!

6. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I'm sort of presuming that the OP was asking how to assess the delivery of the curriculum as a co-ordinator as opposed to assessing the children, though I might be wrong.

7. Thanks - I'll look at that

8. Meant to be 45 mins a week in KS1 and 1 hour a week in KS2! I know what you mean though - reality is very different to a timetable.