1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Assessing progress towards the ELG's for students with SEND

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by punzy, Aug 27, 2020.

Tags:
  1. punzy

punzy New commenter

Hello, Can anyone please advise me on methods they use to assess their student's progress towards the ELG's? My students have physical disabilities, complex medical needs and associated learning difficulties so they generally have very spiky profiles and tend to make progress in very small steps. I currently track their progress using the age bands in Development Matters.

2. emmakg

emmakg New commenter

I don't have an answer for you I'm afraid because I have the same question! Are your children Early Years age or older? I have seen a SEND breakdown based on development matters on Tapestry which looks good but my children are also Year 1 and Year 2. Should I be using something other than the EYFS for them?

3. If they are older than Year 2, then you should be looking for an alternative than the ELGs.