1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Assessing litetracy in Welsh

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Sardonicus, Mar 29, 2011.

1. I've just seen the title in passing! In my defense let me just say that this keyboard and the PC to which it is attached are conspiring to do my very head in. They won't, however, live for much longer... Mwa ha ha ha...

2. inq

inq

Can you contact a Welsh school and ask them what sort of assessment they'd like and where you can get the necessary resources?

3. Joi

Joi New commenter

Have you asked this question on the Cymru forum? Surely someone there would have an idea.

4. greta444

greta444 New commenter

Ring your nearest Welsh school, explain the situation and ask nicely if they will assess her. Drop hints that you're thinking of enrolling your daughter there.
    On the other hand, why does her English school need to know her competency in Welsh. It's not on their curriculum. They may as well be asking for competency in ski-ing. I'd question this to save yourself a lot of hassle.

5. Yes, my wife is in favour of contacting a school near the borderf with which she has already conversed.
    The reason we need assessment is that she is being given Wednesday afternoons by special arrangement for Welsh; reason being that she needs to remain fluent to prepare her for our triumhal return to the Old Country once I've done all I came here to do.
    I should have realised that we'd have our own section; thank you, my esteemed colleagues - I'll go have a look.

6. Newe equipment and still with the typos!