1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Assessing IGCSE swimming coursework

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by samanthaarnell, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Hey there,
    I have been teaching and assessing for the IGCSE in PE for four years now and its not as hard as it looks :)
    For competative swimming, hill walking and athletics you do not need to video record the evidence just send in the times and obviously correlate them to the grade brackets that you can see in the handbook. I always reccomend to my students to sit atleast one of these options as it is less stressful for them and for you! Also the times are low so a student can recieve a high grade easily.
    I have entered swimming for my students for the last four years and have the same problem with my pool and I am just making them swim two and a half lengths and then when I am sending the grades to cambridge I send also some teacher notes stating that kids did it this wy and sdue to the students having to turns times were slower.
    You should read the handbook for the IGCSE courseowrk it explains everything at the end of the book. Check out the cambridge website you can download it from there.

Are you in turkey? ? am in ?zmir at the international school