1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Assembly songs

Discussion in 'Music' started by Sir Cumference, May 29, 2011.

1. Sir Cumference

Sir Cumference New commenter

2. Thanks for these. Any ideas, anyone, for good 'pop' songs that go down well in assembly, singable, with a relevant kind of theme eg. environment, friends, getting on together, you know the sort of thing. Timeless tunes, rather than flash in pan!

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

4. bod99

bod99 New commenter

are you using Sing Up?
    AIn't no Mountain, Make Someone Happy, Life is what you make it, I can see Clearly ... all great choices from there. Plus you can search for themes, links etc. Plenty of positive ethos songs.

5. Yes, that's the sort, thanks, Mr Bronson.

6. marlin

adammcc47 likes this.
  7. marlin

Do you know the Voiceworks series?
    http://www.musicroom.com/Series/1387/voiceworks/
    It might be worth having a look. There is a book called Popular Voiceworks. Even if you don't want to buy the books you could have a look at the titles included in the books for ideas.
    BTW in Voiceworks 1 there's a great arrangement of Saints Go Marching (I know this isn't pop, but I thought I'd mention it as it is a real favourite)
    There's also Junior Voiceworks:
    http://www.musicroom.com/Search/Find.aspx?searchtext=junior+voiceworks
    For instance mine liked Dreamer from Junior Voiceworks 1.

8. mc6

mc6

Have you tried any Pop Connections CDs? Fab. Samples on You Tube.

9. Again, this is a long time after the original post but I use several books by Fischy music. Build Up is particularly good and has given my schools some new favourites.

10. 'Three little birds' and 'I can see clearly' are two of our school's favourites...although they have been a little to the death now. Their favourite praise song is 'Father God I wonder'

11. I know it's an old post but if anyone's still interested - Hall of Fame Will i am and The script. Really inspirational

www.youtube.com/watch