1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

assembly songs on values themes

Discussion in 'Music' started by paulalandon, Aug 18, 2015.

1. paulalandon

paulalandon New commenter

Please can you help. Trying to come up with a list of songs that support values themes. Some themes stretch over several weeks so need a few songs to support each theme.

Struggling with perseverance, humility, tolerance, thoughtfulness, humility, simplicity and hope. Any ideas greatly appreciated

Thanks

2. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

Streets of London

When I Needed a Neighbour

3. alisharp

alisharp New commenter

Hi. Fischy music has fantastic songs about all these themes. Kids love them and they are thought provoking. There is a Fischy music website.

4. Hi! I've known a local group when living in the US that had great songs for values. They have a great web page: http://vitaminl.org

5. LennoxBerkeley

LennoxBerkeley New commenter

'It's Money That I Love' by Randy Newman.

6. DonnaJMinto

DonnaJMinto New commenter

Hi Paula,

There is a company called Gottalife Productions who have produced two CDs of songs about values. The values their songs cover are: Respect, Cooperation, Honesty, Happiness, Tolerance, Friendship, Love, Hope, Trust, Understanding, Independence, Caring, Unity, Peace. With a song called These are the Values of Life that is the first of the CDs. The second CD covers: Responsibility, Patience, Humility, Appreciation, Creativity, Fairness, Thoughtfulness, Perseverance, Courage, Simplicity, Generosity, Freedom, Confidence, Compassion and Positivity. The second CD has a song called These are the Values, the Values of life.

Gottalife Productions have a website: www.gottalife.com The composer of all the songs is James Wright and his email address is: jameswright@gottalife.com The postal address for Gottalife Productions is: Freepost RLXB-BHSB-STBT, Gottalife, Langstone, Newport, NP18 2LT

I have written a Praise Songs for Assemblies pack which has songs about: Growing Up, Mum's Love, A Mustard Seed, Putting a Camel through the Eye of a Needle, Fear, Inside/Outside, The Lost Sheep, The Lord's Prayer, God Loves Us All, Homelessness, Fairness, A Prayer to Help Us Find Our Way.

Hopefully some of the above will be useful to you.

best wishes,
    Donna Minto