1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Assembly on India help!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by uppereastside, Feb 11, 2011.

1. uppereastside

uppereastside New commenter

Hi! I have got to do a class assembly on India this year. It's my first class assembly and trying to think of something good to do, other than maybe going on a 'journey' around India etc. Has anyone ever done this and have any ideas? Would be very helpful thanks!x

2. cally1980

cally1980 Established commenter

Bollywood dancing! The Year 4's I trained with did this for theres just before I started with them and the school was still raving about it a term later - kids LOVED it!

3. uppereastside

ohh that's a very good idea - would be something different! I'm going to have to write a script so just trying to think of a 'story' and the main themes etc. Thanks for reply!

4. Crunch22

Crunch22 New commenter

How about looking at life of Gandhi and comparing his life goals and the children's life goals? Role play different events in his life and ask for comments about what he did and what they might do.

5. rosyanna

rosyanna New commenter

A few years ago I did The Elephant's Child for an India assembly - somehow managed to get bollywood dancing and a few songs in - went very well. I think I adapted it from a Kipling story. Have also done a Diwalis one, but wrong time of year.

6. rosyanna

rosyanna New commenter

7. uppereastside

Thank you very much, I'll take a look at these!