1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Assembly on celebration

Discussion in 'Primary' started by roxy5, Nov 12, 2011.

1. roxy5

roxy5 New commenter

Help! I have to do an assembly on celebration and because it is such a broad subject I am really struggling to come up with an idea that will be interesting! Has anyone got some ideas that they could share with me?[​IMG]

2. roxy5

roxy5 New commenter

Help! I have to do an assembly on celebration and because it is such a broad subject I am really struggling to come up with an idea that will be interesting! Has anyone got some ideas that they could share with me?[​IMG]

3. Is it a class assembly where the children perform or one where you will stand in front of them and talk? I've done 'What are we good at?' whole class assemblies that the children put together themselves - we usually have a few singers, some dancers, the odd football demonstration and a bit of gymnastics. That works well, although the jokes can be a bit blue if I'm not careful! We also have an assembly where the children are invited to bring in any medals or certificates that they have received recently and they come up to the front and receive it, talk a little bit about it then everyone gives them a clap. There are usually a few man of the match awards from local football clubs, swimming badges, trampolining awards etc.

4. roxy5

roxy5 New commenter

Thanks for that, it is one that the children have to perform in. I really like the idea of one in which they celebrate things that they are good at.