1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Assembly Ideas??

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by nabznab, May 5, 2018.

1. nabznab

nabznab New commenter

Hi all!

I’ve just been offered a HOY 8 position and so have been tasked with running weekly assemblies.
    I was wondering if any HOY’s/SLT’s/Teachers with experience in this have accumulated some assemblies they would be kind enough to send via email?

I would really really appreciate it!!

Thank you!

2. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

I think there may be books out there to help you . I suspect that having to come up with relevant, topical , attention grabbing , useful, thought provoking assemblies comes with the post ? You will
    no doubt develop your own style too which may underpin how you run your year group ?

3. nabznab

nabznab New commenter

Thanks I know the school sets out weekly themes, but was hoping someone would have already compiled a few I can adapt to

4. Skeoch

Skeoch Lead commenter

Base at least some of them on key moments of the academic year. Exams, tests, subject choice, the launch of careers guidance, World Book Day.....

minnie me likes this.
  5. nabznab

nabznab New commenter

Thanks for those great ideas. Would be even better if someone could email me what they have, if previously done

6. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

There are various books on the market - I remember a very useful one about 15/20 years ago but can't remember the authors - however a quick search of Amazon & publishers should suggest modern examples.

minnie me likes this.
  7. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Well yes .... but ...

8. nabznab

nabznab New commenter

Great thanks will have a search!

9. Skeoch

Skeoch Lead commenter

Every one of those that I ran was constructed for the occasion and the yeargroup, knowing to some extent how they'd respond. So the notes (and occasional PowerPoints to illustrate choices or grades for example) would be used once only. So I really can't help.

minnie me likes this.
  10. nabznab

nabznab New commenter

No worries thanks for the advice