1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Assembly ideas?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Little_Miss3, Apr 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Little_Miss3

Little_Miss3 New commenter

Hi all,

I have to lead an assembly on the theme of enthusiasm in a few weeks. I'm having a bit of a creative block and would appreciate any suggestions/potential stories I could use!

Thank you :)

2. h_merrett2001

h_merrett2001 New commenter

I have one on enthusiasm/passion in a few months andwas thinking of dividing the assembly into parts.

What qualities do enthusiastic people have?
    Video two classes. One where the children and teacher are being enthusiastic and one where they are not and get the children to identify the differences between the two. How are the children acting differently? Establish that enthusiastic people tend to be energetic, positive, curious and never give up.

Why is it important to be enthusiastic?
    Quiz format sharing how enthusiasm has been scientifically linked to success.

How can we apply our enthusiasm to reach our goals?
    Share some things I have achieved due to my enthusiasm and some stories of famous people who have been successful due to their passion/enthusiasm.

Finish off by concluding that enthusiasm is contagious and share a funny clip.

Hope that helps :)

3. nomad

nomad Star commenter