1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Assembly Ideas on Caring for the Environment

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by lavada, Mar 1, 2008.

1. I was just wondering (and very much hoping!!) if anyone had any ideas for what i could do for my assembly on caring for the environment for Reception and Key Stage 1. I'm an NQT and it's my first assembly so i'm getting really nervous about it. I was really hoping to use a story but i'm struggling for ideas.

Any ideas would be great! Thank you.

2. I was just wondering (and very much hoping!!) if anyone had any ideas for what i could do for my assembly on caring for the environment for Reception and Key Stage 1. I'm an NQT and it's my first assembly so i'm getting really nervous about it. I was really hoping to use a story but i'm struggling for ideas.

Any ideas would be great! Thank you.

3. JCR

JCR

I've got a short play script relating to the destruction of trees and landfill sites.
    Email me if you want a look
    Crossren1@aol.com

4. JCR

JCR

Occured to me that a few more details wouldn't go amiss. I wrote the play for the FS and yr 1 to perform during science week at the school I volunteer in.

It's got 26 Aliens with one-liners and 3 easy songs to familiar tunes.

Anyway, let me know if you're interested.

5. thanks for your replies, sorry i wasn't more clear earlier. It's a teacher led assembly so i just need to choose a few chn from the various classes. The playscript would have been great if it was my class assembly. Thank you again for your help.

6. JCR

JCR

No problem. Hope you find what you are looking for.

7. JCR i would be interested in the script if you don't mind me emailing. Thanks :)

8. There is a story
    Dinosaurs and all that rubbish I think its by M Foreman?

9. JCR

JCR

buttonmoon712 feel free to email just put 'Lost Forests' in the subject line.

JCR

10. had a fab lesson that would make a good assembly based on a campaign ran a few weeks ago by all the tabloids about "Banish the Bag", there are some thought provoking pics of carrier bags under the sea, on an african plain, in canals infact everywhere. you could talk about disposing bags properly or recycling and getting mums and dads to buy a bag for life from the supermarket. i did this with reception and they understood the concept. just google banish the bags and you will find a link to the photographs.

11. JCR can i have a look at your script as i am doing the assembly for the first time and any ideas/script will be a great help.
    Thanks
    rozz26@hotmail.com

12. JCR

JCR

You have mail rozz26

JCR

13. JCR

JCR

You have mail jackhenna.

JCR

14. Hi would it be possible to have a look at your script, i have a recpetion assembly in a few weeks time and would like to link it to our growing/plants project
    thank you
    email is reedjoanne@hotmail.com
    thank you
    Jo

15. hurny

hurny New commenter

We had Eco-week a couple of weeks ago. I made a PPT presentation for a whole school assembly- Yr-Y6. It covers water/paper conservation, litter and recycling. A colleague and I did a few scenarios where she would waste water/paper, throw litter and throw all recyclable items in the normal bin, for each scenario I would stop her and ask children why she wasn't being 'eco-wise'. I would then introduce the slide explaining the consequences of wasteful actions.
    It went well and the children got the message.

16. please may i have a copy of your eco play script