1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

assaulted staff told can't pick and choose who to teach by council

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by afterdark, Oct 31, 2018.

1. afterdark

afterdark Established commenter

Following this BBC article....

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-46047517

8 staff...not 1, eight.

The council narrative quoted really irks me.

Lets ignore the problem and blame the staff seems to be the council's attitude.

When you see all the signs up in council offices about police will be called to violence or threatening behaviour.

But when it is teachers getting assaulted somehow it is different?

slstrong123 and pepper5 like this.
  2. RuthTom

RuthTom Occasional commenter

This is just weird. Why isn’t protecting your employees of the first importance? What about the other children too?

install, slstrong123 and pepper5 like this.
  3. blueskydreaming

blueskydreaming Lead commenter

I hope all 11 teachers resign. Vote with their feet, after such appalling treatment by the school and council.

pepper5 likes this.
  4. hammie

hammie Lead commenter

5. install

install Star commenter

Ironic that just when the Govt are trying to reduce student exclusions in some schools - we hear of teachers refusing some students. Why can't the ht in some schools offer to teach challenging students ?:rolleyes:

hhhh and sparkleghirl like this.
  6. hammie

hammie Lead commenter

My interim head last summer was head hunted to work in a school where he would have been advised to wear a stab vest to parents' evenings. He politely turned them down, why would anyone say yes?