1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Assaulted by student

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by cfleducationsolutions1, Jan 15, 2020.

1. cfleducationsolutions1

cfleducationsolutions1 New commenter

I have an interim assistant head position and have been there since September. I with two others members of staff were assaulted before Christmas and police were called and he was arrested, he was then permanently excluded. Last week another student assaulted four members of staff including me, he also spat in my face. Police were called, had to handcuff him as he was still being violent towards them. Myself and another teacher restrained him due his violence and we both had cuts and bruises, he was off school two days and then I was told he was back in Tuesday (I wasn’t informed and it was only by chance I found this out at lunch time), he has specific learning needs however this is the second time he has assaulted staff, a two day exclusion for this assault ....I am very disillusioned by it all and as a daily supply even if a senior leader feel very vulnerable. I obviously need a job however I do duties every day and at lunch .....,any advice eg union or agency ?

denyakach likes this.
  2. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

livingstone83 likes this.