1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Asking to go back part time

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by sa0u3111, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Iam a primary teacher at a high pressure school. I had my little girl in April and I'm due to go back in December. I really want to go back 3 days a week. In the past a mother asked to drop one day a week and was refused as it was though to impact the children too much. However now there is a job share with the DH and there was two teachers in another class previously. How do I write this letter? What do I need to say? Please help.

2. Iam a primary teacher at a high pressure school. I had my little girl in April and I'm due to go back in December. I really want to go back 3 days a week. In the past a mother asked to drop one day a week and was refused as it was though to impact the children too much. However now there is a job share with the DH and there was two teachers in another class previously. How do I write this letter? What do I need to say? Please help.

3. log onto your union website - they should have information on how to request part time with proforma letters to use.