1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Asking parents to come in to collect learning packs!?

Discussion in 'Staff, pupil & parent's wellbeing' started by patster, Mar 27, 2020.

1. patster

patster New commenter

My school sent parents emails containing loads of education websites and logins for sites we use etc instead of learning packs, however, my friend's school is now doing weekly learning packs and asking parents to come into school to collect them. Is it just me or is this madness? It's a 2 form entry so we're not talking just a few adults. Surely putting adults/office staff/teaching staff at extra risk? Is it going against some sort of rule?

2. ACOYEAR8

ACOYEAR8 Star commenter

Totally against the rules of common sense for a start.

3. ACOYEAR8

ACOYEAR8 Star commenter

We had a couple of kids being kept off school in the last week by mum " because of government advice."
    Guess what ? Last day they brought their wheezy coughs into school to say " goodbye" to their mates.

4. patster

patster New commenter

Genius parents! My friend had a parent email their emergency contact to ask can they come in to change a book and to check that the class cuddly toy had been taken home by a member of staff :)

agathamorse, Lidnod and bonxie like this.
  5. hhhh

hhhh Lead commenter

I thought you were only supposed to be out for medical apts, working if you can't wfh, infrequent essential shopping, short local exercise or to help a vulnerable relative? Aren't they fining people for being out for other reasons?

6. Ro13

Ro13 Occasional commenter

We are one form entry, prep school with only 95 children. Luckily we have a lobby that completely separates adults from children, staff & teachers. The packs are made up and left in lobby, which is left open from 9am until 5pm.

My school has tried, as best it can, to limit any risk but obviously, we are in with keyworkers children so risk already high :(

7. patster

patster New commenter

Hello officer, I'm just popping to school to pick up some work. I'm not convinced.

8. Corvuscorax

Corvuscorax Star commenter

I am sure there is a way of reporting actions like this

Sally006 likes this.