1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Asked to review own resource !

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by John1917, Sep 8, 2016.

1. John1917

John1917 New commenter

My question is, do I big it up with a five star review :) seems a little cheeky ;)

This does seem a good tactic however, presumably review request related to a previous resource download.

I tend to download my resources to check quality, and see what I have missed or if anything has gone to electron heaven. Is this review request a new general policy?

2. thinkypublishing

thinkypublishing Occasional commenter

Depends how good you think it is ;):D

I think it's a quirk of the system in that they've obviously set it up to try and encourage people to leave reviews but haven't (yet) added a filter to prevent sellers adding reviews of their own resources.

It's happened to me too because I've downloaded some for my wife from here when I couldn't get access to my own computer. Haven't yet added the five star reviews they're surely worth :rolleyes:

mrajlong likes this.
  3. cliftonc

cliftonc Guest

Yes, exactly that - we're trying a number of ways to encourage people to leave reviews, and the current post to the newsfeed neglects to exclude resources that you author - we're fixing it. The review system behind it won't actually let you leave one though I'm afraid!

John1917 and thinky like this.
  4. cliftonc

cliftonc Guest

Just to let you know this should be fixed, and you'll only be encouraged to review other authors resources from now in on the newsfeed. Any other feedback welcome!