1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ask Theo: Job applications

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by lousie, Apr 16, 2012.

1. This may sound really silly, but, I want to double check. I am
    applying for my 1</font>st<font size="3"> teaching post for September. I am currently on
    the section Current or most Recent Appointment-asking for school details, post
    pay scale etc as I have never had a teaching post do I leave this section blank?
    </font>

Also where do I find my GTC registration number? And my DfES
    number? I have no idea where to look and so far Uni have not replied. </font>

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Q1 Once you are applying for your second job, after your induction school, you will put in there the job that you are doing at that point. But now, only now, you can put in both Current Job and Previous Employment in Teaching your TP placements - making it quite clear that these were TPs.
    Q2 GTC doesn't exist anymore, so ignore this.
    Q3 Just write Pending in this box.
    Make sure that you have read this thread:
    Dear Theo: Cover Letter.. and, of course, all the clickables in the Welcome thread to get advice on how to write a good application.
    Best wishes