1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Asia

Discussion in 'Primary' started by alwaysthinkin, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Hi all,

We are starting a new topic soon about Asia. This is a completely new topic for the school so there are no resources or planning done.

Any ideas what I can plan to teach about Asia? Or more importantly how should I separate this potentially huge topic? I'm a bit lost and have no idea where to start! If anyone has any ideas of how to divide this topic up or can point me in the direction of some resouces it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

alwaysthinkin

2. Please! If anybody has any ideas I would love the help!

Thanks

3. cheryl13

cheryl13 New commenter

hi,
    im thinking about doing this next.
    any chance you can give me afew ideas? They would be greatly appreciated!
    Thankyou

4. Hi there,

We recently did a topic based on Indonesia which included a study of severe weather (tsunami) and rainforests. It proved to be very topical. We based the topic around a novel - "Running Wild" by Michael Morpurgo. We got loads of great geography and literacy work out of this topic. We also looked at things like the impact of deforestation on the environment, fair trade, the artwork of Georges Seurat and the Gamelan music of Indonesia. The kids loved it.

Hope this helps.