1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ashley Carter's A Level Latin

Discussion in 'Classics' started by meganph, Oct 29, 2015.

1. meganph

meganph New commenter

Hi everyone,
    I'm a PGCE student and I have to take a sixth form class after half term and go through someof Ashley Carter's unseen Latin translations.
    I have about 7 or 8 passages and have gone through the first two with a rough translation. Has anyone done these before and be willing to go over what I have already before I write it up nicely? Want to make sure I haven't made any silly mistakes!
    Thanks!

2. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

Hi, Is this the grayish one for Pre-U and A-level (mine is at school at the moment). If so, there is a) an answer book and b) I have it, but it's at school. I'm back on Monday, so could scan the first translations, etc and send them to you. Probably could do by lunchtime Tuesday as my Monday is crazy with staff meeting at lunch and another meeting after school.

I know there's two other unseen ones - Taylor's Latin to GCSE and a little blue one....sorry if I have the wrong one....

PM me.

IceCreamVanMan likes this.
  3. Incommunicado

Incommunicado Occasional commenter

How do you PM someone here?

4. Geoff Thomas

Geoff Thomas Star commenter

Click on their username on the left of their message, then on Start a conversation, for thus are PMs named in these places.

5. perryjack722

perryjack722 New commenter

Hey do you have the answer book for Ashkey carter unseen?? If so could you email the translation over from the Agrippina translation - thanks!

6. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

You might want to rephrase your 'request'...;) but it is possible, as I would need to find the book, find the specific text, scan it and email it (to where?)

'Please' is a nice word, isn't it?

7. jarndyce

jarndyce Occasional commenter

This reminds me of the "can someone email me a HoD application letter" thread that's been going on for about a decade - except that this one doesn't have quite so many hundreds of requests. ;)

sabrinakat likes this.