1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Asexuality in the curriculum?

Discussion in 'PSHE' started by crabapple99, Mar 18, 2012.

1. I have posted in the "personal" forum about being openly asexual, and some of the responses have been quite flippant and ignorant. I do wonder whether this sexual orientation is referred to at all by PSHE teachers. I presume homosexual issues are considered and discussed at some stage: I know we talk quite a lot about homophobic bullying, etc at school. How about asexuality? Does it feature at all in your lessons? Is it mentioned? Is it defined? Are any issues related to asexuality discussed? I would be very interested to hear.

2. I have posted in the "personal" forum about being openly asexual, and some of the responses have been quite flippant and ignorant. I do wonder whether this sexual orientation is referred to at all by PSHE teachers. I presume homosexual issues are considered and discussed at some stage: I know we talk quite a lot about homophobic bullying, etc at school. How about asexuality? Does it feature at all in your lessons? Is it mentioned? Is it defined? Are any issues related to asexuality discussed? I would be very interested to hear.