1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ASDAN

Discussion in 'PSHE' started by WOT, Jul 6, 2005.

1. This is exactly my dilemna too - except I've got a new job in a new school where Cope has never been done before! arghhh - ANY help gratefully recieved. Will contact Asdan on Mon but am teaching this next week so need a little something asap please!! Kath
    kaffchick@hotmail.com

2. If you contact ASDAN either by ringing the Bristol office or by calling your Regional advisor they will offer you lots of help and support. There are people available each day who are CoPE experts who are always more than happy to give you help and advice.
    The ASDAN official Schemes of work is only available from ASDAN but will provide you with lots of help, tips and advice that can really assist you with planning.

3. Hi There,

I just read your post on the website from 5 years ago!! Just wondered if you still have SoW on offer based on Asdan??
    email address is valoshe28@hotmail.com

Thank You

4. Hi Ann,

Apologies for this begging mail. I teenage boys with ASD in Dublin. I am putting together a curriculum and hope to use Asdan's, Towards Independence program, as a means of delivering. Being new to the area I would very much appreciate ideas for assignments/resources. I am starting with safety in the home. My contact details are

john.hennessy6@mail.dcu.ie

School address

Colaiste Eoin
    Cappagh Rd,
    Finglas West
    Dublin 11

Thank you for any help

John

5. You work through the short course books, you do need to submit files and plan do reviews. What level short course are you thinking of doing?

6. Annie bird I too have been delivering ASDAN for 3 to 4 years quite successfullt and have built up loads of great resources and connections, however I have not gotten round to developing schemes of work, could I have a copy of yours to look at the help develop my own? Thank you.

7. Hi,
    How do you select the students who are to do the course? Also how many students do you have in a group?
    I have been teaching the course for a year now and I find it very difficult as most student research tasks require access to internet and this is almost never possible. Any advice?
    If you have completed schemes of work and resources would you consider selling them?

8. Hi
    Found your post and wondered if you could help??

I have been thrown into a COPE group as the teacher starts Maternity Leave.

HAve you any resources or even useful websites you wouldnt mind sharing? Ill be starting with Module 6 and 8.

Hope to hear from you shortly
    jackie

missj_poole@yahoo.co.uk

9. Hi there,
    I wonder if you could send me a copy of your SOW and lesson plans for the Asdan as well. I will be introducing it for the first time in Africa and can do with all the help I can get.

10. Hi, have been told 10 minutes ago that i am to be delivering COPE in September (am fuming about the lack of notice) I would be most grateful if you would email me anything you've got.My email is shayfox@hotmail.com

Thanks
    Seamus

11. HI
    I am really keen to look at schemes of work for asdan as we have inspection looming, any help fratefully received. Thanks

12. dear anniebird,can Iplease..please ..get the SOW?
    lucaciu_ioana@yahoo.co.uk.

much appreciated.thanks

13. Hi,

I know this is from a while ago but would be really grateful if you could send me any SOW you still have!

Rebecca Kennedy rckennedytrinity@yahoo.co.uk