1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ASDAN

Discussion in 'PSHE' started by WOT, Jul 6, 2005.

1. I am a curriculum coordinator at FE level working with school leavers and young adults with severe learning difficulties -using Toward Independnce modules. I struggle big time with the content of many of these. Anyone out there aggree or disagree? perhaps we could get a forum going for similar client groups?
    Janet

2. 18.3.08 Dear meera1701@yahoo.co.uk and Welshgoldigger,
    could you please give some support to get the Key Skills covered properly by the work, they are key (hmm, not even a un...) to it all and it is not easy to know what to do,
    Welshgoldigger, I?d like to ask more detailed Questions related to the people I teach,
    in an email to you, so please let me have your email address
    thanks very much
    foxHelen
    helente@headweb.co.uk

3. not even a pun (missed the 'p'...)

4. Hi,

I've been sent on a teaching course by work and I have to create a scheme of work for ASDAN CoPE and I'm struggling as I have no experience of actually doing it. I've been on a couple of training courses for ASDAN but it's so hard to come up with lesson plans and sows with no concrete experience to base it upon. If anyone has any material I could look at, esp a SOW I would be eternally grateful.

Many hopeful thanks in advance.

amynemo@hotmail.com

5. whistle4it

whistle4it New commenter

Hi, just taken on role of schools training co ordinator where they do the Asdan Bronze and (rarely) silver award.
    I haven't a clue, basically and am confused about the different awards, have no schemes and as far as I can see, it is a shambles. Would really appreaciate some help as I am dying on my feet here! Please help!!

6. Hi everyone,

I am currently applying for the role of COPE co ordinator in my school and would appreciate any advice on how different schools have established level 1 and 2 in there schools. I am struggling to get my head around it and the best way to approach it.

Also any resources and websites that can help would eb much appreciated. Really want to get my head around it and produce good SOW for level 1 and 2 so would appreciate any help!!

Thanks
    michala83@hotmail.com

7. Hello
    Like so many others on here, we are looking into setting up a COPE either level 1 or level 2 course in September with students on the diploma course. I would be eternally grateful of any SOW lesson plans or resources that would help me to get my head around what the requirements are. I am also looking at running the wider key skills course alongside in order that students can gain the equivalent of 3 GCSEs but this is the extent of my knowlege.

Any help gratefully received!

Gillian
    gillianhelliwell@hotmail.com

8. Dear Anniebird
    could you send me acopy of your sow for Asdan particularly towards independence thanks sooo much
    mrssusanbartlett@hotmail.com

9. Hi

Will be teaching ASDAN Cope (Performing Arts) module from September. I am new to teaching and would appreciate any resources that anyone has.

Thanks

ag004e9230@blueyonder.co.uk

10. Dear All, i have just been asked to teach Cop level 1 and 2 and i am looking for sow and resources, if Anniebird still here, as i keep reading about your great stuff, if you are can you send me what you have. My students will be very happy to start on this award asap. thanks Heather
    fishkill2@hotmail.com

11. Having realised that the last time Annie Bird wrote here was Oct, I am now asking anyone reading this now who has received her fantastic S O W, and resoucres, could you please reply here and send me on the S O W? Thanks very much.
    fishkill2@hotmail.com

12. Hi All
    I've just started as a coordinator for the Certificate of Personal Effectiveness (CoPE). Could anyone possibly help me with the SOW for the Bronze award which gets 6 credits and can be used to achieve the CoPE certificate. Please email any useful material at monica23in@gmail.com. Thank you.

13. Hi all,
    Like many, I'd really appreciate SOW, worksheets and any ideas for Bronze award to enthuse Yr 10's in a pupil referral unit. I've been muddling through lessons this year but would really like to get to grips with things more next year. Are the resources from anniebird still available? - plus any others gratefully received!
    email - rosemary.magill@virgin.net

14. And here comes another one. Can I have SoW and worksheets please.
    That took some reading through.
    Annie you are more than an angel, saint and saviour.
    You have made so many people happy, Can I be one too?
    ajr@buttershaw.yorks.com

15. Hi, could I add myself to the list please? I am pretty sure I asked a long long time ago but cant find the stuff now and am about to embark on teaching it!

Thanks so much

tjoseph@tiscali.co.uk

16. Ditto, ditto to all that has been said so far. I am looking to start ASDAN delivery with the COPE Level 1 and would also appreciate a SOW, worksheets and any other additional material. Many thanks.
    masum.hussain@gloscol.ac.uk

17. Oh please can I join the ever increasing list of people begging: carolandclem@hotmail.com

ASDAN has been flung my way, I don't even understand it! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

18. Yes please I have also been asked to co-ordinate ASDAN and resources would be v.welcome.
    Please can you help?
    juliaclouter@yahoo.co.uk

19. Heard lots of great reports about anniebirds asdan resources i am desperate for some help please forward my details to her or if someone could forward these wonderful resources to me - i would be most grateful!

anna.burnham@hotmail.co.uk

20. Anyone able to forward me any resources SOW worksheets, about to hit the ground thought i was starting in september starting in 3 weeks!
    e-mail to daveandros@ntlworld.com

thanks in advance