1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ASDAN

Discussion in 'PSHE' started by WOT, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Dear anniebird
    Would love SoW for ASDAN
    Cheers

2. Dear Anniebird along with the rest of the world, I to am struggling with Asdan, please could I also have a copy of the resources? Thanking you in advance!! Maureen
    email is marksb@ntlworld.com

3. Annie....

I am currently looking into teaching the ASDAN course at my school. Pleeeease could you send me your sow? I would be eternally grateful...

D.

derek988@hotmail.com

4. DEAR ANNIEBIRD

I AM TO START DOING COPE LEVELS 1 AND 2 AS FROM SEPTEMBER 2006. ALTHOUGH AM INVOLVED WITH IT NOW. ANY CHANCE OF SOW, ADVICE, IDEAS HELP TO GET ME GOING? I REALLY WANT TO MAKE IT INTERESTING FOR THE KIDS AND A SUCCESS.

Big thank you in advance.

nettynoo28@hotmail.com

5. geog16

geog16 New commenter

Hi annie hope you dont mind but I have passed your SOW on to the above people. I know how busy you are.
    Geog 16

6. yep no worries. hope it helps!!

7. I am thinking about introducing this into my school because PSHE and Citizenship have such a poor profile amongst pupils and staff. Staff because if they have an extra space on their timetable they get to teach it.

What do people generally think about ASDAN?

Annie Bird have you thought of charging for your SOW? £5 to charity for each one sent? Some charity could benefit massively.

8. Not a bad idea....might do that with the new one i've written for CoPE level 2 and the Wider Key Skills at level 1 and 2!! My kids love ASDAN...! The kids i teach are so proud of the work they've done. They have A4 lever arch folders crammed full of work and they love getting them down and looking through them. It gives them a sense of achievement.The kids i teach are at high risk of exclusion...if you can teach this to them, you can teach it to anyone!It's also very appealing as there isn't an exam attached to it...they know if they complete the work to the right standard then they will get the GCSE.

9. I have been following this thread and have just had time to follow the links included on here. It looks pretty interesting.

However as I am running the short course Citizenship in Year 10 and 11, I can't fit ASDAN in for them. (Not unless I run it as an option - which I'll have to think about).

Are there any awards that I could do with lower school? This would really raise the profile of PSHE.

I only have 1 hour a week for 2 terms of the year. (The other term is currently a discrete Citizenship lesson).

10. There's a course called Key Steps for the lower school that's an accredited course. Some of ours have just started this. It can either be certificated in school or accredited at one of the external Asdan moderations.If it's accredited it can go towards their silver/bronze awards or their CoPE level 1.

11. Hi Anniebird

I have had to 'pick up'ASDAN'. There is no SoW in the school and I am struggling. Is there any chance you could forward your scheme of work? If you are charging - please let me know. Many thanks

angelabrice@hotmail.com

12. Hi Anniebird

Can I join the long list of people requesting SOWs and any worksheets for COPE? I would be quite happy to make a donation to a charity for it! Just seems a bit pointless "trying to reinvent the wheel"!

mrogers@helston.cornwall.sch.uk

13. Hi Anniebird im a Teaching Assistant that has been asked to take the ASDAN class at our school. I would be extremely grateful if you could provide me with your SOW. Hope this is ok, thanks very much in advance, sarah. sarahwilliamson_22@hotmail.com x

14. msmac

msmac New commenter

15. Yep, no worries!

16. Hi Anniebird.

I can't believe people are still asking for you to post your scheme of work to them, but here I am, asking if you could email it to me. I would really appreciate it if you could email me a SOW and another lesson plans or anything really you might have.

Thanks loads.. :)

barry_weldon@hotmail.com

17. Sotheran

Sotheran New commenter

I've (hopefully) emailed you all a copy of the cover sheets I've created to compliment anniebirds wonderful scheme of work. They really do help to make the pupils files look good. My forthcoming August wedding almost got called off on a couple occassions as creating them took over my life for a couple of weeks (very geeky of me I know!)

18. Dear Anniebird

Can I join the long list of people wanting your SOW or anything else you can offer. I'm working in a PRU and have been asked to get to grips with the ASDAN Award Scheme.

Many thanks in advance.

carol-gum@hotmail.com