1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

asdan resources needed!!

Discussion in 'PSHE' started by poorla, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Hi,
    I have just started a new job teaching ASDAN Key Steps at Y9 and Cope at Y11. I need ideas and advice for the Key Steps. I have a group of boys with learning difficulties and behavioural problems and need some ideas for projects that will engage them. The Key Steps is taught as a 'Lifeskills' lesson.
    I would be really grateful for any suggestions on how I could make it more intersting and relavent for the group.

Thanks

2. Hi
    I am sure you will have a great time teaching both Key Steps and CoPE. There are similarities between them in that Key Steps has many challenges that are a KS 3 version of CoPE. If you have been on the CoPE workshop this will really help you. There is also a workshop for Key Skills that you might find useful. The beauty of Key Steps is that you can spend as long as you wish on each challenge and claim up to 3 certificates for each 30 hours of challenges completed. I would start by choosing the challenges you feel you can have the most fun with to engage the students. If you call or email ASDAN they have staff who are designated to giving advice and they would be more than happy to help you.

Asdude

3. gemzied

gemzied New commenter

if you send me your details i can send some stuff to you

4. Hi Gemzied,

I teenage teenage boys with ASD in Dublin. I am hoping to start using Asdan, Towards Independence course, and would appreciate any suggestions for assignments for Safety in the home/school. Thank you in advance

John

5. Hi

Any chance I can get some help with delivering ASDAN COPE? really not sure where to start.

Hope to hear from someone shortly.
    Jackie

missj_poole@yahoo.co.uk

6. Back in 2011 you asked for help with ASDAN. I am now in that position. Can you help me with resources/exemplar work etc. I would be grateful for anything.
    Thanks Ros Williams

7. Hi,

I have many resources, send me your email and ill fire them over, regards Darran.

8. Hi Darran,
    Can I jump in your life boat as well,
    Am teaching ASDAN bronze/silver and would be soooo grateful if you could email me your resources.
    Thanks
    Seamus
    shayfox@hotmail.com

9. Hi Darran,
    Can I jump in your life boat as well,
    Am teaching ASDAN bronze/silver and would be soooo grateful if you could email me your resources.
    Thanks
    Seamus
    shayfox@hotmail.com

10. Hi Darran,
    I don't suppose you'd be willing to share your resources a little bit more? I have an interview next week and need to teach some PSHE based on an ASDAN lesson, but I don't have anything to use! Any help would be fab!

Thanks

Megan - meganrdp@hotmail.com

11. Hi Darran
    Whilst searching for ASDAN resources saw your message from last year! First year teaching PSHE and ASDAN Key Steps, started with planning and resources given to me but not going very well. So I am going to choose different challenges and start again. Were the resources you were kindly sharing, Key Steps related? On identity unit this term, Health (Sex and Relationships) next term and Citizenship in the Summer. Any resources you are willing to share would be greatly appreciated.
    Kind regards
    Sally
    sally.goodwin74@o2.co.uk