1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ASAP - Interview Help!

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by danni_c, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Hi,

PLEASE HELP!

Ive got a interview this week for a Reception/Year 1 mixed class...and have been asked to teach two activities. Task 1:

30 min session with a class of year 1....have to take an object of interest, and then plan a follow up literacy based activity.

(so far I've thought of taking a large brass key and ask the chn to write a few sentences about what the key might be used for/who might it belong to - obv. will differentiate via writing frames)

Ive also seen a nice activity on the forum for a magic box activity - which could be a possibility, but the poem by Kit Wright might be a bit beyond year 1.

Task 2:

15 min session with a small group of Reception chn....to extend their calculation understanding. originally i did think about doing an investigation based on a witches cauldron and getting them to make different combinations of animals for the potion based on the number of legs on each animal....e.g. make a potion which contains 10 legs - but i think this might be a bit much for the littlies!

Please help - any ideas greatly welcomed and received (asap!)

D x