1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AS Unit 2 Edexcel - Recording - very worried

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by vivi2011, May 7, 2012.

1. I teach at a school abroad and we didn't have an examiner for UNit 2. Unfortunately, my recording for the Unit 2 practical exam is very dark. I tried recording with one camera which was fine but then had to use another camera on the day and it didn't come out as well.
    You can clearly see movement and body language onstage and hear the students clearly but facial expression is, at times, not very clear. In particular one of the duologues is very dark.
    I'm now really worried that the students will be penalised for this. I have given realistic suggested marks so Edexcel do have those. Does anybody know what usually happens in this kind of situation?
    thanks

2. I teach at a school abroad and we didn't have an examiner for UNit 2. Unfortunately, my recording for the Unit 2 practical exam is very dark. I tried recording with one camera which was fine but then had to use another camera on the day and it didn't come out as well.
    You can clearly see movement and body language onstage and hear the students clearly but facial expression is, at times, not very clear. In particular one of the duologues is very dark.
    I'm now really worried that the students will be penalised for this. I have given realistic suggested marks so Edexcel do have those. Does anybody know what usually happens in this kind of situation?
    thanks

3. To be honest, I'd email Edexcel and ask what they recommend. I think it's always best to get a recommendation from them as they will probably have protocols to follow for these sorts of things.

It's a bit different, but the only thing I can think of is when we had a problem with a Unit 3 recording. The tape stopped for some reason part way through and by the time the cameraman got it started again we'd missed about 10 minutes of it. The recommendation was that I send off that DVD with written evidence and that we film it again as supporting evidence. So the marks were absolutely awarded for the first performance, but the second DVD was just to support if in any doubt.

I don't know whether they'd recommend the same thing or not - obviously it's a different module which is marked in a different way, internally rather than externally. It's very hard as, of course they need to be marked on their exam DVD and not on any 'second attempt' as that would be unfair to other candidates. I can only say that this is what I was told to do in my circumstances.

Hope you can resolve it.