1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AS Spanish speaking test

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by foroff2233, Jan 4, 2011.

1. foroff2233

foroff2233 New commenter

Feliz Ano Nuevo a todos,
    I'm preparing pupils for this AQA test and wondered if anyone had any practical tips, perhaps ones born of experience, bitter or otherwise? I made sure I went on an AQA training day but they don't cover everything.........
    I know you,re busy so brief advice would be great. Thanks

2. foroff2233

foroff2233 New commenter

Feliz Ano Nuevo a todos,
    I'm preparing pupils for this AQA test and wondered if anyone had any practical tips, perhaps ones born of experience, bitter or otherwise? I made sure I went on an AQA training day but they don't cover everything.........
    I know you,re busy so brief advice would be great. Thanks

3. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

stick religiously to the timings, don't let them speak uninterrupted for too long (particularly on the nominated topic), end on a nice, easyish question, don't ask the same questions to all pupils, speak for as little as possible and let the pupil speak a lot...
    Actually resits tend to be alright. Good luck!

4. chriszwinter

chriszwinter New commenter

In addition to Noemie's points I would suggest that you read the examner's reports for previous sessions as those reports give both details of good practice and tell you where things have gone not so well. There should now be four of them. The first three are on line on AQA's public website, and the one from last summer is on e-aqa, and your exams officer should have access to that.
    Students need to do lots of practice runs, especially so that each topic sticks to the timings. They also need to give examples of what they mean in order to get the marks for developing the point.