1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AS Spanish help

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by nicmac, May 20, 2011.

1. I have four students who are thinking of doing AS Spanish next year. We don't have a sixth form, however, I have offered to keep their Spanish going once the GCSE exam period is going so they don't go too long without learning the language.
    What kind of things would AS teachers like their students knew really well by September? Should I revise grammar, tenses etc? Vocabulary? Start a book or film with them? Any ideas would be welcome.
    Their GCSE exams are next week so I want to keep them going otherwise it'll be a good three months without any Spanish.
    Thanks

2. Linguo24

Linguo24 New commenter

I would suggest they looked at the website www.languagesonline.org .uk, particularly the AS and A2 sections, for a variety of interactive reading, grammar, and vocabulary tests, which they can then self-mark. There are lots of other good sites out there too, of course, where they can get a good feel for AS-type language.

3. mpc

mpc

4. Thanks for the websites :)

5. FrauSue

FrauSue New commenter

Thanks for the link to this website - I hadn't come across it before and there are some excellent exercises on there for other languages too. I'll add it to my list of useful websites!

6. d.fahey

d.fahey New commenter

Thanks for that!!! I've just had a look, as I'm teaching AS Spanish next year, it seems as though it'll be very useful x

7. mpc

mpc

8. Thanks for the ideas and help x