1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AS performances

Discussion in 'Music' started by ineedsleep, Mar 19, 2012.

1. ineedsleep

ineedsleep New commenter

Hi
    I have 3 students studying AS music and they would like to offer an ensemble performance together. There is guitar/voice, bass and drums. They are happy to get others involved if necessary.
    Does anyone have any suggestions for pieces that have worked well for them?
    Many thanks
    INS

2. ineedsleep

ineedsleep New commenter

Hi
    I have 3 students studying AS music and they would like to offer an ensemble performance together. There is guitar/voice, bass and drums. They are happy to get others involved if necessary.
    Does anyone have any suggestions for pieces that have worked well for them?
    Many thanks
    INS

3. This is probably not a very helpful comment but is this not leaving things a bit fine! I try to get these done before spring half term to leave lots of time for exam preparation and composition. Don't these need to be marked and with the moderator by end of April?
    However - have you looked at the Rock School resources? - bearing in mind that they level has to be around 5/6. There are also several series of rock transcriptions that have bass, guitar and drum parts as well as the vocal line - for instance the Hal Leonard Rockband series or even better are the Fast Track guitar, bass and drum books:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_11?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=fast+track+guitar&sprefix=Fast+Track+%2Cstripbooks%2C314
    I've used these for GCSE but not for AS - dont know what level they would be at but they are GREAT fun - even I had a go at learning lead guitar!
    Have you looked at the criteria for submission of score and alternatives?

4. pauljoecoe

pauljoecoe New commenter

They have to be at the moderator by May 15th. Marking 3 students won't take more than an hour,
    Post on May 10th. Mark May 7th. Its only March 19th!!!! Loads of time.
    I've still to do 3 ensembles and a couple of GCSE performances too.!

5. LennoxBerkeley

LennoxBerkeley New commenter

Hmm. Guitar, voice, bass and drums. It's such an ad hoc combination. There must be a song or something out there that would work. Come on forum.

Lennox