1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AS Italian - Aiuto!

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by chillypenguin4, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Hi all,

I currently teach French and German, but can also teach Italian. I have a Y11 pupil who is fluent in Italian, and wishes to sit the AS Italian exam with Edexcel this summer. Is there anybody in the North West of England who could offer me some advice as to tutoring her through the exam?

I also wondered about any other centres which offer Italian in the North-West area, in order for my candidate to sit the speaking examination - could anybody help?

Mille grazie!

2. Hi
    Sorry I didn't see your post earlier. I am in Yorkshire and am also doing the AS with Edexcel this summer. There isn't anywhere nearby for me to do it so I am booked in to do the exam in the summer down in London. The deadline for this was 17th Feb but I am sure if you got in touch with EDEXCEL they could make an exception. I have just been looking at the spec, the numerous past papers and also the examples speaking tests (which I think native speakers have sat!!) to get an idea of what to do. The exam itself for AS is much more straight forward than AQA. Who do you use? You will of course need a log in for the EDXCEL website to access the most recent resources. Let me know how you get on and if you get any offers of help from anyone I would be interested to know.
    Andrea