1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

As from Monday 27th June.....

Discussion in 'Personal' started by bizent, Jun 23, 2011.

1. bizent

bizent Star commenter

School will NOT open before 8:30am
    There will be no further meetings.
    All announcements will be made via e-mail. Responses and concerns will be made via the same channels.
    There will be no tutor time. Registers will be taken at the start of period 1 and period 5.
    Staff will not be expected to do break-time and/or lunch time duties. With the exception of those staff who are paid for this, the expectation would be that duties would continue to be carried out.
    Lunch time will be 1 hour.
    All staff and pupils must vacate the premises by 4pm.
    Two questions:
    Would your school cope?
    Would YOU cope?

2. It' will all revert to normal on the 1st September.

3. bizent

bizent Star commenter

Ooops....
    I forgot to say.....
    This is now official school policy and will continue indefinately (sp?)

4. sleepyhead

sleepyhead New commenter

We tried this for a year. It led to all kinds of problems because not everyone bothered to register each lesson. It was abandoned.
    Pupils wouldn't. We have lots who have trains to catch and can't leave until well after 4. I COULD but wouldn't want to. I hate lugging marking around and generally stay until 6ish to get it done.

5. bizent

bizent Star commenter

The end of the school day is 3:25pm. The gates are locked at 4pm.

6. EcoLady

EcoLady New commenter

No after school clubs or activities of any sort? That's very sad.

7. gergil4

gergil4 New commenter

Sounds bizarre. What are the reasons for it? No, I wouldn't cope. School is my place of work. If I can't work there, i can't get the job done.

8. An hour for lunch? No pointless, endless meetings? No break duties? Fekkin A! When can I start?

cyolba, needing to jobs to afford a decent pension :)

9. Is there a vacancy for me too?

10. bizent

bizent Star commenter

There is an hour lunch break for that - paid if you choose to run one.

11. bizent

bizent Star commenter

That was in reply to gergil - sorry!

12. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

Sounds great. I want to work at that school. Will force staff to be more efficient with their time and claim that hankered work life balance most moan about not having.

13. bizent

bizent Star commenter

Go girl!

14. Mrs Music

Mrs Music New commenter

We have 50 minutes for lunch and I do all my extra-curricular then. We do have form time - other than that, I'd say I follow most of this anyway! The bonus would be no staff meetings too, brilliant!

15. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Sounds good! I can't work at school anyway, too many people to chat to [​IMG] (was always one to be easily distracted, lol) Marking or club at lunch, all good. Any jobs going? x

16. bizent

bizent Star commenter

I think there will be plenty of jobs - the people who can't cope a day without 3 hour meetings and listening to the sound of their own voice have already resigned.

17. mmmmmaths

mmmmmaths New commenter

Set off at 7 arrive at the latest 7:30. 1hour or more of peace to Mark and prepare before 8:30.

If gates were to open at 8:30 I would have to set off at 7:30 as, at that time it could take an hour to get to school. Arrive annoyed with traffic, no time to mark or prepare. Have to be out by 4 so no time to Mark or prepare. Only really left with lunch time to read, react to and respond to the increasing number of emails so no time then to Mark or prepare.

I think I would hate it.

But just thought, does no meetings also extend to parents evenings etc.

If so I could learn to enjoy the new system and stop worrying about no marking or preparation!

18. Just wish it was compulsory in primary education... there are still far too many senior managers in primary settings who place 'value' on those staff that are seen to be first in/last out the door - regardless of what they actually do during that time before and after the school day. I've known schools where no staff dared to leave before the HT at 5pm but all they did was hang around drinking coffee and chatting somewhere out of his sight!

19. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

I agin, the mrs would be under my feet far too much.

20. So, if you arrive at 8.15 on a cold, wet day you have to sit in your car and wait for someone to let you in? Ridiculous.
    But lots of edicts that you cannot argue against.
    For announcements read 'edicts'. Responses and concerns will not be replied to.
    So Pastoral time goes out of the window - very short sighted.
    As it should be.
    What if people want to clear work, so that they can have a work free environment at home? Or have to wait for a lift?
    All in all, a daft idea.