1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AS Dance- understanding dance paper

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by MissDing, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Hi all,

This is my first year of teaching A-Level Dance and I just wanted to ask some info regarding the AS paper. I have read through the spec etc and been on the courses but wanted to know from people's experience how in depth do I need to go with the anatomy??

Also, does anyone have a variety of essay questions which cover the main potential topics that could be asked?

I just want to make sure i'm covering all bases and teaching everything that needs to be covered.

All help is much appreciated!!

Helen xx

2. I'm an AS Dance examiner. Don't panic! The level of knowledge required isn't too extensive. eg they might get a question asking about muscles used in the leg to turnout (I think thats was last year). They don't even need to know the proper name of muscles, just as long as they can describe what is happening and we know what they mean they get a mark. Essay questions can cover a variety of areas - in general they need to show that they are analysing works and giving their own opinions. They can't get into top bands with pure description. Nicola