1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AS Biology EMPA - anyone else having problems ??

Discussion in 'Science' started by ferrisbueller, Feb 10, 2011.

1. ferrisbueller

ferrisbueller New commenter

Now sorted - although it's going to be very expensive !!!
    AQA really don't think too hard about these things. The company who is supplying a chemical for the EMPA didn't know anything about it and were surprised by the number of orders from schools.
    Also, we solved the problem, no thanks to AQA who sweared blind it worked !! - not the full truth !!

2. particlezoo

particlezoo New commenter

Hiya

we are desperately havig the same issue, any help at all is appreciated, we start just after easter.
    here is my email
    jaythegemini@hotmail.com

Many thanks

3. ferrisbueller

ferrisbueller New commenter

I can't go into much detail. We have just compelted the EMPA.
    But what I can say is that you should keep both substrate and the other thing (you know what) in separate test tubes in a water bath at 30C.
    When students take the tubes to desks, get them to put into a beaker of water at 30C.
    This just speeds it all up. Otherwise the practical is like watching paint dry!!!
    Hope it works for you. If not then I may have other advice, but will email so we don't fall foul of the regualtions.