1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AS AQA resubmission

Discussion in 'Music' started by madmusic, Aug 27, 2012.

1. I know that I should probably look more closely in the spec, but have been writing exam analyses all evening and am shattered!
    Does anyone know (or have specific evidence) as to whether a student can resubmit the same composition for AS, one year after another (trying to get better marks!).

Thanks

2. I know that I should probably look more closely in the spec, but have been writing exam analyses all evening and am shattered!
    Does anyone know (or have specific evidence) as to whether a student can resubmit the same composition for AS, one year after another (trying to get better marks!).

Thanks

3. natalieaa

natalieaa New commenter

No they can't, as they have to go through the 20 hours of controlled time again. If they do arranging or brief A the brief set will be different.

4. Of course! Hadn't even considered that! It was for Brief B, so free composition (oh well, wishful thinking!)

5. I know somebody who did this - thought the original mark for AS composition was low so submitted exactly the same piece of work with no changes a year later as an experiment. The first year it scored 36, the next year it scored 52. Difference of at least 2 grades!