1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AS and A level...any advice gratefully received

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by surferboy, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Have a look on their website to see if they run any courses. I know that OCR did an introductory one for those teaching it for the first time, plus the usual exam feedback ones.
    We're now movin to WJEC and have been in contact with the subject officer who has suggested relevant books; courses etc.
    S

2. Noja

Noja Senior commenter

Thanks Surferboy - have managed to get a place on one of the conferences later this month but that is for A2 rather than AS (it was the only one I could get on) so although it will be useful, I am still a tad nervous. I will look at other courses and contact the board.

3. Where in the country are you? It would be good to connect with a department close by that already does...if you are in the north you may be in luck....

4. BTW, where did you find the A2 course? I tried to look for one on the edexcel site but couldn't find any for A Level.

5. Noja

Noja Senior commenter

I work in North Yorks - the course isn't run by Edexcel - it's a conference for students and its done by Sarah and Gordon and some other chap on March 23. When I get to work I will find the course organisers for you [​IMG]

6. Noja

Noja Senior commenter

It's at the city temple conference centre and it's run by Teachers First

7. Thank you!

8. I'm teaching the A2 and working through Implications: Philosophy, but finding the Edexcel Workbook pretty dense. Do you teach Implications: Philosophy for your fourth module or know anyone who does? I'm sorely in need of more accessible resources!

9. We should be forming a support and share group here!