1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AS/A2 essay help

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by pineapplehead, Sep 16, 2011.

1. pineapplehead

pineapplehead New commenter

I teach OCR Religious Studies and am struggling with helping my A2 students with exam techinique/writing essays. I have tried using the board mark schemes and the 'exam cafe' advice in the Heinemann A'Level textbooks but to no avail.
    I am wondering whether anyone would be able to point me in the right direction of examples of A2 essays showing the differences between grades.
    Your help is very much appreciated.
    Thank you
    P x

2. pineapplehead

pineapplehead New commenter

I teach OCR Religious Studies and am struggling with helping my A2 students with exam techinique/writing essays. I have tried using the board mark schemes and the 'exam cafe' advice in the Heinemann A'Level textbooks but to no avail.
    I am wondering whether anyone would be able to point me in the right direction of examples of A2 essays showing the differences between grades.
    Your help is very much appreciated.
    Thank you
    P x

3. If you PM me your email I can send you some exam technique stuff I use with mine (some was posted on the OCR e-community so is not my creation). I also have some sample essays - mostly Buddhism with a few for Philosophy, but they might help somewhat.
    Have you tried posting on the OCR e-community? If you teach Phil and Ethics there are lots of people on there who will offer support.