1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AS/A Level results.....

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by tooyoung1, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Hi All!

Just seeing how ppl did in other schools?
    We were massivley delighted! (if a little worried we had the reults of 'clever kids' form other schools!!!!)

Hope you all got what you wanted for your students x

2. san38

san38 New commenter

Yes, pleased with our resutls too - OCR Phil and Ethics. I suspect next week and GCSE may be a different story though!

3. Completely agree- spoke to the HT today and had a conversation that went a little like this "thanks for the compliments about the AS/A results...next week will be a different ball game".... I fear form my OCR GCSE kids....

4. jerseyperson

jerseyperson New commenter

Same here. I'm with AQA for AS/A Level and was thrilled with the results. 5 of my students (out of 14) got 100% on the Ethics 2. But my heart sinks when I think about GCSEs next week...I hate that about OCR. You just have no idea how it's going to go. I fear wednesday night will be a sleepless night.

5. ramaduds

ramaduds New commenter

I'm the same, dreading OCR GCSE - no idea, it seems far too subjective!

6. san38

san38 New commenter

Dreadful we should all feel this way but I'm not going to re-start my rant! I have spent holidays writing new POS for y10 in Spetember with AQA. Poor old current y10s are going to have to stay with OCR I think. (unless Thursday is a total train wreck) so that's 300 entries a year OCR are losing and I know I'm not alone. Will be in touch Thursday and look forward (?) to hearing how you all got on.