1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AS/A level Food Technology resources

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by louise15021984, May 21, 2011.

1. louise15021984

louise15021984 New commenter

In Sept I am having to teach AS/A level Food Technology, does any one have any resources that I could have a look at? There seems to be limited books for this level.
    Louise

2. Hi Louise
    I have lots of resources and a complete scheme of work I can send you for this. Email me on srhmdd2@aol.com

Sarah

3. I have resources I can share especially for coursework. Please could I have a copy of your scheme of work and any resources you are willing to swap.
    clairecjc@hotmail.com

4. louise15021984

louise15021984 New commenter

thank you that would be great. Do you know of any good key books to buy?

Louise

5. Hi,

I will be delivering the A Level course for the first time this September and am delivering the coursework part. I've decided instead of doing a big coursework project to do three mini projects to form a portfolio. Do you have any advice or resources you can share to help me. My email is becjtj@bec.bradford.sch.uk

Thank you in advance.

6. Hi Sarah, I am new to teachng Food Technology Alevel and would be gateful for any information you can send me. I have sent you an email with my details and it is also below.
    Thanks in advance, for your support.
    Regards
    Andrew
    aolu0321@ocnmail.net

7. Hi Claire, I am new to teachng Food Technology Alevel and would be gateful for any information you can send me. I have sent you an email with my details and it is also below.
    Thanks in advance, for your support.
    Regards
    Andrew
    aolu0321@ocnmail.net

8. Hi Claire
    I am also new to teaching A level Food Technology, I am starting the course in September and Im in the process of collecting resources. Please can I also share your resources and I will of course forward any that I have.
    This will be a great help!
    Many Thanks
    Lucy

9. Hi Sarah,
    I too would love to share yor resources if you dont mind?! I am new to A Level Food Technology and starting from scratch! EEK! I am more than happy to forward you anything that I have in the future. Please could you also advise me on any good books to use?
    Thankyou!
    Lucy x

10. Hi everyone
    Just to let you all know that I have added my resources and schemes etc to the TES website - if you look for my resources under srhmdd2
    Also - in the summer term - I will be running a full days session on A level Food Technology where we can all get together, share resources and discuss tips etc.. Please let me know if you would be interested in attending this session - srhmdd2@aol.com
    Kind Regards
    Sarah Middleton

11. Hi Sarah,

I will also be starting to teach Food Tech A level next term and would be greatful for the information and resources, thank you for the resources on line.

Kind regards,

Jaime

12. The books I've found most useful are "The Science of Food" by Garman and Serrington; "Fox and Cameron's Food Science, Nutrition and Health 7th Edition" and "The Science and Technology of Foods 5th edition" by Proudlove. Hope this helps :)

13. shirene1

shirene1 New commenter

Hi Sarah,
    Your resources are sooooo helpful. I am new to teaching A level and was stressing so much. can I email you and ask your advice please? Thanks