1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Artwork suggestions for use as a stimulus in Year 10 high ability group...

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by TeachingwithAttitude, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Hi,
    My Year 10 drama group are moving on to work on Improvisation during this term and I'd like some suggestions of pieces of art or paintings or photographs that evoke imagination in order for them to devise their pieces based on them...
    They are a high ability group so I'd rather not use 'The Scream', all suggestions are welcome and links to the pictures would be great too!
    Thanks!
    :)

2. srl

srl

I've used 'American Gothic' by Grant Wood quite successfully with the theme 'Truth and Lies'- its a good mixed ability one as you can get lots out of it depending on the imagination of your students. Although you may want to suggest that domestic violence ideas are not as original as they might think! Just google image it.

3. srl

srl

I've used "Amercian Gothic" by Grant Wood pretty successfully- there's lots to be explored for the higher end, although you may want to suggest that work inspired by the theme of domestic violence is not as original as they might think! Just google image it.