1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Artsmark Gold.....HELP!!!!!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by sjem, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Have just been made responsible for the arts in my school (leading a focus group with two teachers and TAs for support) we have been given the task of achieving the arts mark gold award. Although I enjoy art I'm definitely in the category of 'has a good go but no real talent!' is there anyone out there who has done this and can offer any advice as to where to start, what it entails and am I going to spend the next year cursing the arts mark?!?!?! Any advice or pointers would be greatly appreciated!

2. Hi,
    For the Artsmark our focus was Shahrazad (Arabian Nights) as there are plenty of different stories to focus on. We had belly dancers, musicians, artists, poets, storytellers ect come in to school and hold workshops with the year groups. One whole week was timetabled for 'the arts' and parents were able to come in and work with their children on certain days. It was enjoyed by the whole school!

Good Luck :)

3. Thanks for the idea sophimc, sounds really good! All advice and ideas are welcome peeps! X

4. Hi I've lead my school through two applications for Artsmark Gold. If you message me your email I'm happy to advise where I can!