1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Arts curriculum management advice

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by Jay77, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Last year I was placed in charge of the Arts at our junior school. This involved the management of Art and Design, PE, Music, PSHCE and Design and Technology. Previously this had been done by co-ordinators. Obviously, this now involves being in charge of the team of staff members who were previously responsible for these subjects. Right, down to the point...information about each of these subjects had been collected by these staff members and I feel all of this information needs to be placed into a 'central store' or over-arching file of information for any potential Ofsted team who happen to find their way to our school. Has anyone out there gone through the same process and if so, how did they manage this change and what has been put into place for collecting all of the necessary evidence into one place? Many thanks in advance.

2. Last year I was placed in charge of the Arts at our junior school. This involved the management of Art and Design, PE, Music, PSHCE and Design and Technology. Previously this had been done by co-ordinators. Obviously, this now involves being in charge of the team of staff members who were previously responsible for these subjects. Right, down to the point...information about each of these subjects had been collected by these staff members and I feel all of this information needs to be placed into a 'central store' or over-arching file of information for any potential Ofsted team who happen to find their way to our school. Has anyone out there gone through the same process and if so, how did they manage this change and what has been put into place for collecting all of the necessary evidence into one place? Many thanks in advance.