1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Artists in Liverpool

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Boro86, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Hi All, I wonder if you can help me?
    I'm trying to organise an art theme week across KS1 and 2 for later in the term and I'm really struggling to find details of local artists/art organisations that would come into school and work with the children just wondering if anyone knows of some in the Liverpool area,
    Thanks if you can help!

2. Bernadette Hughes is a fabulous mosaic/glass artist. I have worked with her in projects in 2 different schools.
    She is based in St Helens, Merseyside.
    Google her, Bernie Hughes or Bernadette Hughes.

3. thank you I will check her out [​IMG]

4. manic28

manic28 New commenter

Ian Fennelly. He has a website. We have him every year. REALLY good. Based on the Wirral but I know he will travel. Also a teacher.

5. Would you be able to take the children out of school? The Walker Art Gallery has a FAB room for FS & KS1 children which is free and really good for introducing chn to art and paintings. It is linked dierectly to works in the gallery. I have taken grouops there frequently - staff can help take chn round the main gallery. The "Big Art" room has loads of resources, dressing up clothes, books, games, etc. as well as a daily art & craft activity.
    You would need to book in advance as it gets very busy.
    Good luck :)

6. Hello
    Contact Curious Minds. They have a long list of artists and people that work in school that they will be able to recommend. They are a bridging organization that can help you make links with artists and creative bods!
    Emma Bramley
    www.bramleyapplcreative.com

curious minds: 0151 7088009

7. We've had people from the Lowry in Salford, they travelled to us (but was quite expensive). I know that artists from the Chapel Gallery in Ormskirk have been out to us in the past.