1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Article of BBC about support staff covering lessons

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by Crowbob, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

Unless I am misreading something, isn't the NASWUT resolution in favour of using unqualified staff for PPA? Or not opposed to it.

2. Pennyforyourthoughts

Pennyforyourthoughts Occasional commenter

Sound to me like permanent teachers are running scared of loosing their jobs from cut backs and requests for redundancies or even short term contract working. Hence .... HOW can we keep our jobs........ I know lets attack all those in schools that are not qualified teachers so they are scape goats for redundancies WHEN IN FACT it is the teachers and unions themselves that are at fault for wanting PPA time in the first place ............WHEN THEY KNEW all along that the Government could not afford to pay for qualified teachers to cover for PPA time...... so who are suffering now............. the quallified teachers and of course supply teachers who are being side lined for Cover Supervisors a position that seems to have no job description, no pay scale and no recognisable training or transferrable qualifcation.
    The Unions seem to be back tracking to suit their own aims.