1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Artichoke wine

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Lilyofthefield, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Jesus H Christ. Just went to my neighbour's to borrow some eggs and she said "My artichoke wine is ready! We've just opened a bottle - you must try some!"
    Oooh great, bullseye, bonus, how kind, lucky old me I thought. Leaving aside the fact that it resembled in flavour some cheap gin watered down with paraffin, I had one glass ("Delicious!") and am now so ****** I don't think i can get in the car to pick my friend up for Zumba. And in case you're thinking "She's not so bad - the typing's OK" I have had to go back and change about 20 things.
    Artichoke wine? ***???

2. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Jeezus, that's almost as bad as celery wine!
    Seriously, why would you??? [​IMG]

3. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Oh Lily that has had me giggling . . . good luck with yer Zumba [​IMG]

4. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

It seems a great use for artichokes to me. They are bloody pointless over-rated things.

5. anon468

anon468 New commenter

I always enjoyed Body Jam a lot more after a couple of sneaky G&Ts in the pub next door to the leisure centre. Bad, bad manny! [​IMG]
    I hasten to add that I did walk to and from the class!

6. catmother

catmother Star commenter

It's when I hear such thing as the words "Artichoke wine" that I really glad that I don't drink. Sounds horrific.

7. Have just asked Mr L to take us. He was severely under-impressed.

8. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Cackle, cackle . . . oh lily! Fantastic.

9. My Zumba lacked preciseness.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Dear christ, what bit of you is your zumba?

11. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Yer, but I bet you had great hip action. [​IMG]

12. I just hope that wasn't Jerusalem artichoke wine.... apparently that veg acts somewhat powerfully on the innards... though might aid a swift getaway if a nosey policeman asks you to roll down your window...
    But be thoughtful towards your passenger, and pop a peg in the glovebox...

13. I don't drive when I feel plastered! It was the inside bits of globe artichokes.

14. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Lead commenter

Sounds like Tom from "The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin"

[​IMG]