1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Artaud Practically

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by Betty the penguin, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Jet of Blood all the way!!

2. fnc

fnc

you can find the script at http://www.theatre.umd.edu/Faculty/KRothman/THET110/Documents/spurtofblood.pdf
    Ritual is also an important part in Artaud (it influenced Brook) his ideas on language influenced Meyerhold; and there is an elimination between audience and actor space.
    you should be able to get Artaud for beginners by Gabriela stoppelman (from Amazon)
    The secret art of Antonin Artaud by Jacques Derrida and Paule Thevenin (trans. Mary Ann Caws)

3. as an update to my previous off of help - I have now lost the orginal on a piece of paper, but a copy is available in
    'Antonin Artaud, collected works vol.1' ISBN 0 7145 0170 0

4. offer of...

5. Hi,
    I could you please email me the Artaud workshop too. Its clearly a popular issue. There isn't the materials availalbe as there is with Stanislavski or Method workshops. Thanks I'll put it to good use for my teaching and directing
    Steve
    samourx1@yahoo.com

6. Hello all
    I run Scene Productions, a touring theatre company for schools who specialize in shows and workshops tailor made to suit the curriculum. We are currently running a very popular Artaud workshop where we immerse the students in a total theatre experience, conduct the workshop in semi darkness and take them through an array of extreme physical and vocal techniques. We usually relate the session to war poetry but can change and adapt according to a teachers need. If anyone would like to book a session, read feeback from other teachers or find out more, please don't hesitate to get in touch. www.sceneproductions.co.uk We also have a new facebook site which will details what we are touring each year. I hope this helps.
    Best wishes
    Katharine Hurst