1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Art/Textiles/Fashion Research Workshop for FE students

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by knzben, Mar 1, 2018.

1. knzben

knzben New commenter

Hi

I'm teaching a lesson next week where i will be taking a group of students out (some weaker students mainly) to think of ideas for their FMP. I want to do an interactive workshop where theres a lot of discussion and where they can bounce ideas off each other to get their confidence up.
    I'm planning on using worksheets and some writing frames (I have to make resources as I'll be being observed) but wondered if anybody has any activities which they have used or know of which I could use with this class to build up my lesson plan a little bit?

My subject area is fashion and textiles but as these are less confident students, I'd like them to think outside the box to get their confidence up a little bit!

I'm planning on bringing in imagery and magazines as inspiration but does anybody have any hints and tips that I could use?

Thanks!