1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Art Technician interview advice.

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by melmill40, Oct 5, 2017.

1. melmill40

melmill40 New commenter

Hi, I have an interview for the position of 'art dept technician' next week. I studied graphic design to B'tec standard and have worked as a studio junior. Now that was along time ago 20 years to be precise,been raising a family in those years ! I have been informed that as well as the formal interview, there will be a practical task to perform, I am a little bit nervous at the prospect of this and just wondered if anyone could give me the heads up on what I will be expected to do, being a mum my confidence in interviews is a little low, but would love to get this job and my career back on track, any advice would be greatly appreciated ! Thank you Mel

2. Paulatwork

Paulatwork New commenter

Go for a simple drawing or painting task, something that shows confidence in using materials. The main thing they'll be looking for is how you interact with the kids. Good luck.

melmill40 likes this.
  3. melmill40

melmill40 New commenter

Thank you :)

4. Mrs Grumpy

Mrs Grumpy New commenter

Make sure you communicate with the teacher(s) to ensure that they realise you understand the task and what they want from you. Never be afraid to question - it shows you're thinking.

melmill40 likes this.
  5. melmill40

melmill40 New commenter

Good advise,thank you.

6. Mrs Grumpy

Mrs Grumpy New commenter

Well, how did you go on?