1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Art Teacher Vacancy interview lesson observation

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by SarLouW, Apr 14, 2017.

1. SarLouW

SarLouW New commenter

Hi there Student Teacher looking for some guidance.

I have been given a brief for a job interview about what I am expected to deliver to 15 Year 10 pupils.

Lesson Obs Title: In the 2014 GCSE Art exam paper there was a question titled “Fragments” as follows:

You should make connections with appropriate sources when developing your personal response to one of the following suggestions.

(a) Develop your own interpretation of the starting point Fragments.

(b) You could create work inspired by a fragment of a story, film or piece of music.

(c) You might explore fragmented views of your surroundings.

Adapt this idea to teach a one off one hour lesson to a mixed ability year as detailed above.

Can anyone offer some ideas please? I have considered Cubism, however I am sure that this might be too KS3 for them. I have also considered Takahiro Portraiture, however, I feel that they are asking me to demonstrate examples of all three - should I make exemplars for all three? or narrow it down?

I like the idea of them listening to a piece of music (no vocals) and responding to it.

I have an hour to produce this.
    Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you.