1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Art/science habitats curriculum link

Discussion in 'Primary' started by kerrytd, Mar 28, 2012.

1. kerrytd

kerrytd New commenter

Really useful suggestions, thank you. Have done Andy Goldsworthy study in previous school - love his work but after something more drawing oriented. Hadn't seen Hockney's landscape work before - really liking this. Great colours!

2. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

I've just put up a display featuring some of his work in the 'a bigger picture' exhibition. Purple and yellow with all these vivid colours - it looks great, even if I say so myself!! There's some interesting stuff on the bbc iplayerif your children are a bit older, and the royal academy has a useful teachers pack as a PDF that I downloaded (with lots of different pics and some ideas for class).

3. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

Another thought is the botanical watercolours by people like Beatrix potter.

4. kerrytd

kerrytd New commenter

That's brilliant, thank you! May even make a trip to RA during Easter hols. A shame the exhibition finishes on 9th April as I could have done a class outing. Love it when you find ideas that inspire!

5. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

:) It's part of the run up to he Olympics too, if you fancy tying it in even more!!